The candidate will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and have confidence to work independently and as a team player. You will need to be confident working with computer systems as you will be responsible for maintaining warehouse movement reports on a regular basis. You must be physically fit and able to lift substantial weights. You will need to understand security and health procedures that govern warehouse operations. Previous warehouse experience would be an advantage.
About the role
You will be reporting directly to the warehouse manager and will need a good eye for detail and be confident to do numerical calculations and tallies. Day to day warehouse duties include lifting, carrying and clerical administration. This role demands diligence and care to ensure that stock control systems remain accurate. You will be booking in deliveries, returning items to suppliers, preparing the delivery van, stacking and storing goods using warehouse equipment. Forklift and electric pallet truck experience would be an advantage, however full training will be given.
- Ensure accuracy of deliveries
- Ensure delivery forms are signed
- Move goods to appropriate storage areas
- Allocate storage space based on type and size
- Ensure all information is recorded in logs
- Comply to the company’s safety and security procedures
- Record movement of goods using barcode scanners
- General housekeeping duties
Saturday 9am to 6pm