Full Time – 38 hours per week to include alternate weekends and 1 late night per week.
Salary dependent on experience
The ideal candidate would ideally have retail experience working within a horticultural environment, with an established knowledge of key plant life categories, care and cultivation with a keen interest in Garden Building materials to include water features, pots and decorations.
You will have a proven knowledge of retail management best practices and retail management software, outstanding communication and interpersonal with a friendly, energetic personality and the ability to perform under pressure.
About the role
You will be assisting the Department Manager by supporting the daily routines; both in terms of the customer experience, team support and development to achieve sales. In the absence of the Department Manager you will lead the team and organise all department operations and allocate responsibilities to personnel to ensure the smooth running of the department.
– Motivate, organise, lead and inspire the team
– Take an active role as part of the garden centre management team
– Ordering and working deliveries to ensure correct stock levels are maintained
– Maintain excellent Customer Service at all times
– Provide “hand over” notes
– Proactive approach to displaying and merchandising
– General housekeeping duties