We are recruiting a Kitchen Manager/Head Chef on a Full-time, Permanent Basis, working 38 hours per week to include alternate weekends. Pay Rate up to £36,500 per annum.
The role of Kitchen Manager
To lead and motivate a team of chefs and kitchen porters. Working in conjunction with the Restaurant General Manager you will create a strong culture of teamwork between front of house and back of house personnel.
You will be responsible for creating, preparing, and serving a wide range of high-quality food and ensuring excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee all aspects of the kitchen and food preparation.
- Lead and supervise a team of kitchen staff, including hiring, training, and scheduling.
- Ensure food safety and sanitation standards are met at all times.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement cost-effective strategies.
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen environment.
- Ensure timely preparation and delivery of all food items.
- Monitor inventory levels and order supplies as needed.
- Assist in cooking and food preparation as needed.
With previous catering/hospitality-based experience you will be a self-motivated effective communicator that enjoys working as part of a team.
You will have leadership experience along with an externally recognized food preparation/handling related qualification.
Our employee benefits package includes:
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing free and confidential counselling and advice to all employees and their immediate family.
- Contributory pension scheme for eligible employees
- Generous Staff Discount Scheme after completion of probationary period
- Free on-site parking
- Staff Uniform provided
Haskins Garden Centres
Haskins is a family owned, award winning business with 5 destination garden centres across the South of England, each with a large restaurant.
We constantly strive to improve the service and experience we offer our customers, that’s why the recruitment of our people is so important to us. If you are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, have a sense of humour and an eagerness to learn, we want you to join our friendly, happy team.