Salary dependant on experience. Full time position.
Working 38 hours a week to support the Head Chef in providing a high quality food offer from an agreed menu, whilst maintaining health and safety and food hygiene standards, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved, food and drinks sales are maximised and losses are controlled.
You will be required to assist in the day to day running of a very busy production Kitchen, supplying food for the highly successful Restaurant in the Garden Centre. Confident and outgoing, you will also enjoy working with the public, as the role also entails the overseeing of counter service on the Carvery & Pizza Oven.
You should have previous experience and excellent customer service and communication skills.
– Planning and directing food preparation.
– Supervising other kitchen staff and providing motivation as and when required.
– Ensuring all food products/ingredients are re-stocked efficiently and stored according to company policy or as directed
– Awareness of company security policy and reacting accordingly to minimise losses, both internally and externally
– Compliance with the company’s health and safety policy and food hygiene requirements
– To perform any other work-related duties as directed by the Restaurant management
– Completion of day to day Administration duties such as due diligence.
Externally recognised food preparation/handling related qualification
– Effective customer service skills
– Excellent communication and networking skills
– Ability to work alone with little guidance/direction
– Previous catering/hospitality-based experience
– A working knowledge of related products/services
– Basic food hygiene certificate (CIEH Level 2)