– 38 hours a week
– Some weekend working and late nights till 8pm
We are looking for a Warehouse Assistant to work in our busy, fast paced Goods In area.
You will need to be able to work as part of a team, under supervision and independently using your own initiative.
You must be physically fit and able to lift substantial weights.
You will need to be confident working with computer systems as you will be responsible for maintaining warehouse movement reports on a regular basis.
Previous warehouse experience and forklift licence is desirable. Due to the equipment used you will be 18 or over and hold a full driving licence.
About the role
Day to day warehouse duties include lifting, carrying and clerical administration. This role demands diligence and care to ensure that stock control systems remain accurate. You will be booking in deliveries, returning items to suppliers, preparing the delivery van, stacking and storing goods using warehouse equipment. Forklift and electric pallet truck experience would be an advantage, however full training will be given.
– Ensure accuracy of deliveries
– Ensure delivery forms are signed
– Move goods to appropriate storage areas
– Allocate storage space based on type and size
– Quality control goods upon delivery
– Ensure all information is recorded in logs
– Comply to the company’s safety and security procedures
– Record movement of goods using barcode scanners
– General housekeeping duties