Haskins Charitable Fund
We are looking for your nominations for The Haskins Charitable Fund.
The Haskins Charitable Fund was established in 2018 by the Haskins Family in conjunction with the business. The main aim of the Fund is to support charities that operate within the local communities surrounding our Garden Centres, and to enhance what the centres are already doing in terms of giving back. With the acquisition of Birdworld in 2020, the fund expanded its support to National charities that are involved with bird conservation.
The Fund works on a grant structure, whereby colleagues can put forward applications for grants for charities that meet the criteria. These can either be on a one-off basis or spread out over a specified period of time. The Fund welcomes and encourages the involvement of Haskins and Birdworld colleagues in putting forward applications for grants. Applications can be made anytime throughout the year.
About the Haskins Charitable Fund
Before completing the application form, please ensure that the grant request meets the following requirements:
- UK charities located within a 15 mile (25km) catchment area of one of our garden centres / Birdworld or a national charity that is running a local project within a 15 mile radius of one of the centres that:
• Help or benefit vulnerable children and their families
• Support hospices and charities that provide respite care
• Support horticultural and environmental projects and initiatives
- UK charities with conservation initiatives for the benefit of birds and their natural habitats.
The Charity must have been in operation for at least 1 year and be able to prove it is well governed with sound financial information.
Please include a copy of the annual accounts with your application, (this can be uploaded at the end of this form).
The total grant money being requested must be between £3,000 and £15,000 in the form of either a one-off donation or spread out over a specified period of time.
If a charity has a successful grant application they will only be allowed to re-apply for a new grant after a 3 year time period. If a charity has an unsuccessful grant application they may apply for a new grant after a 6 month time period as long as the application was denied for reasons other than the Charity not meeting the Fund’s giving requirements. Following a successful application, colleagues must wait for at least 12 months before submitting another application.
How to apply:
- For online applications, please complete the form below.
- For applications by post, we have provided a PDF form for you to print and complete. Once complete please post to Haskins Charitable Fund, Haskins Head Office, Longham, Ferndown, Dorset, BH22 9DJ.
- For applications by email, please save the PDF formto your computer. Using Acrobat Reader (available here) you will be able to complete the form on your computer and submit using the ‘Send form’ button shown at the end of the form.
Remember to include any supporting documentation and a copy of the annual accounts with your application.
Charitable Fund Grant Online Application Form