Sow lettuce seeds on a window sill
You will need:
- Seed tray and lid or plant pot and plastic bag
- Seed compost
- Water spray
- Fill your tray or pot 2 thirds full with soil and loosely pat down.
- Sow your seeds as directed on the packet.
- Cover lightly with seed compost.
- Spray lightly with water to cover but not soak with water.
- Cover with a lid or plastic bag held in place with an elastic band.
- Place on a warm window sill, keeping moist.
- Once the first shoots appear which should take between 1-3 weeks let some air in.