For 50/50 dough;
For Tomato sauce
1. First make the dough. Put the flour, salt, olive oil, yeast, sugar and water into a large bowl and mix with your hands and bind together. When the dough has formed, tip out and knead for 10 minutes. Return the dough to a greased bowl, cover and allow to prove for 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
2. Mix together the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, oil and reduce for 10 minutes.
3. Grill the artichokes on a medium direct heat until sufficiently char grilled and set aside.
4. Split the dough into five equal balls. Make a dough ball in your hand by tucking all the creases and seams into the underneath of the ball. Roll out a thin 12 inch base. Thinly spread the tomato sauce, leaving a small gap all around the edge for the crust to form. Arrange the rest of the toppings evenly on the pizza leaving the cheese to last.
5. Shuffle the pizza on to a floured pizza peel and then into the preheated oven for 3 minutes, rotating the pizza after 2 minutes.
Beer Can Chicken
– 1.5kg whole chicken
Preparation – 5 minutes
1. On a chopping board rub the chicken with olive oil, paprika, rosemary, salt and pepper or alternatively, a rub of your choice.
2. Remove the spike from the Style Poultry Roaster and fill the liquid cup with beer then place the spike over the cup back in position.
3. Securely impale the chicken onto the spike, and place the bung into the neck of the chicken, to prevent steam from escaping.
4. Roast the chicken over an indirect medium heat of 180C-200C for approximately 1 ½ hours, or until the core temperature of the chicken reaches 75C.
5. Remove from the Barbecue and allow to rest for 10 minutes before removing from the Poultry roaster.