The team at Haskins Garden Centres has launched six unique ideas for indoor Christmas wreaths which can be created at home – including a memory wreath containing photographs and snippets from the past.
Alasdair Urquhart, plant advisor at Haskins Garden Centre in Ferndown, said: “Christmastime is often when people reflect on the years gone by, and when creating ideas for Christmas wreaths, we thought that a memory boosting gift would be a great idea.
“It’s also a great excuse for parents and grandparents to show off their pictures – you could even add an extra picture each year, and watch the memories grow.”
Here are some tips on how to create an indoor memory wreath at home:
1 Fluff out the branches of your wreath. Lay your feature decoration in the centre of the wreath and secure at the top with wire.
2 Glue the baubles in pairs onto your wreath using a glue gun or wire them on using floristry wire. Glue on the small picture frames.
3 Make a bow. Using wired edge ribbon make six loops and wire the centre together. Pull out each loop and arrange in a bow shape to suit the size of your wreath. Attach the bow to your wreath with floristry wire. Add a ribbon to the back and display your wreath proudly.
Haskins has also released ‘how to guides’ on the following:
· The Edible Wreath uses a mixture of chocolate tree decorations and sweets
· The Woodland Wreath brings a touch of the outdoors in, with small woodland animals and fir cones built-in.
· The Luxurious Wreath takes on ‘winter wonderland’ theme with spray-on snow and glitter
· The Nordic Wreath uses a modern design with woven twig and a Father Christmas toy at the centre
· The Snowy Wreath comprises different Christmas decorations, ribbons and beads