Haskins Garden Centres top multiple categories at the Garden Centre Association South Thames regional awards.
The garden centre group, Haskins, is celebrating after taking home several prestigious awards at this year’s Garden Centre Association South Thames regional awards.
- Roundstone centre ‘Garden Centre of the Year’ in the Destination Garden Centre category (1st)
- Ferndown centre ‘Garden Care’ (1st)
- Ferndown centre ‘Barton Grange Trophy for Innovation and Creativity’ (1st)
- West End centre ‘Garden Care’ (2nd)
- Ferndown centre ‘Community & Environment’ (2nd)
- Roundstone centre ‘Garden Care’ (3rd)
- Snowhill centre ‘Garden Centre of the Year’ in the Destination Garden Centre category (3rd)
- Snowhill centre ‘Ruxley Rose Plant Area’ (next round of judging will take place in the autumn)
Lisa Looker, brand director at Haskins Garden Centres, commented: “We’re delighted to be recognised across multiple categories and it is a fantastic achievement for the group that all centres have been acknowledged. The awards are testament to the hard work of the teams at each centre; we continually strive to provide the best experience for our customers and deliver the best service.
“We’re particularly thrilled with the ‘Garden Centre of the Year’ category win for our Roundstone centre and is a tribute to all the hard work the team has put in over the last twelve months.”
The South Thames regional award winners were announced during a presentation at Squires Garden Centre in Badshot Lea on Tuesday July 17. The categories were inspected by Gordon Emslie, who joined the Garden Centre Association as an inspector in 2017.
The Garden Centre Association represents nearly 200 garden centres nationwide, helping members to achieve high standards in customer service, plant quality and reliability. The annual awards and inspections help drive members’ standards across all areas of business including customer service, merchandising, plant quality and marketing.
Pictured above L-R: Gordon Emslie (GCA Inspector South Thames), Nick Joad (GM Haskins Roundstone), Mike Lind (GCA Chairman & MD Monkton Elm), Dean Ridley (Head of Retail Operations Haskins), David Lilly (GM Haskins Snowhill), Julian Winfield (Chief Executive Haskins), Gary Carvosso (GCA South Thames Area Chairman & MD Coolings)