Select a location:
Haskins Head Office vacancies:
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Birdworld team and make an immediate impact. If you’re an energetic and ambitious marketeer with an interest in birds, animals and nature who wants to work in the leisure/retail market then this is your opportunity to make your mark.
About the Role
Reporting to the Brand Director, this role will support the seasonal activity calendar to help drive visitor acquisition, increase brand awareness and engagement for Birdworld visitors. You will manage and deliver exciting and colourful creative content to support the agreed marketing plan and ensure a consistent brand message across all communications whether that be through social media, advertising, on the website or through park signage and POS.
What You’ll Do in The Role
- Implement and drive all marketing activity for Birdworld to support the agreed activity plan
- Plan and execute creating marketing content across all customer communications channels: including digital, social, web, onsite POS, PR, events and any other relevant channels.
- Work closely with external agencies to ensure projects are, on time, on budget and on brief.
- Apply a commercial mindset to ensure that marketing is targeted, relevant and effective with the correct brand message
- Support the design and development of guest enhancement activities, such as guides, education packs and membership materials.
- Support Birdworld events as well as marketing presentations
- Be responsible for Birdworld photography on social media, maintaining photo library and ensuring image credits where required.
- Report on the effectiveness of marketing and promotional activity.
- Budget, cost management and budget reporting.
- Work as part of the marketing group office team, and occasional garden centre projects.
What will help you do the job well?
- Min.1 years’ experience in a marketing role or relevant industry placement year.
- Ability to bring fresh ideas, be proactive and forward thinking.
- Comfortable juggling different projects and have a flexible approach.
- Strong understanding of digital and social media platforms and trends.
- Strong experience of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Good photography and video production skills for social media.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Valid and clean drivers’ licence
- Ability to travel for regular trips to Farnham.
- A keen interest in Birds, animals, nature and the outdoors
Nice To Have
- Marketing qualification (Bachelor or equivalent)
- Understanding of CRM system
- Experience of working with and briefing creative teams
- Event organisation experience
- Experience of working with influencers and brand ambassadors
You will be a great fit if you are a highly motivated, driven, and passionate individual with exceptional communication and skills. You feel you want to be part of a small team that is starting to redefine the future of Birdworld and you’re comfortable trying out new ideas and working in a flexible way. You possess strong organisational skills and can work with a good level of autonomy and foster relationships with cross functional teams.
As the UK’s largest bird park based in Farnham, Birdworld provides a great day out for all ages who can enjoy a relaxing day in the outdoors discovering what our 26-acre park has to offer.
Birdworld is home to over 1200 birds and other animals from over 200 different species, many of which are endangered or severely threatened in the wild. We are actively involved in the preservation of bird species through both national and international bird conservation and breeding programs: a lesser-known fact is that we are the only location outside of South Africa where you can see the endangered Bank Cormorant, a bird that is severely threatened in its natural habitat due to overfishing. Our Silent Forest Aviaries also house some of the most threatened and endangered songbirds in the world, so there are a lot of hidden gems to talk about.
Popular favourites include flamingos, penguins, parrots, hornbills, and we have a farm with small breed pigs, goats, chickens, guinea pigs and rabbits.
It is our mission to inspire all visitors in the wonder of the amazing world of birds by building a connection with nature through an engaging, fun, and educational experience for all the family. We want all our visitors to leave having had a great day out and to tell all their friends about Birdworld, the hidden gem in the heart of Hampshire.
We are a dynamic company with ambitions to redevelop and evolve Birdworld and retain it for future generations, and there are opportunities in this role for your talents and abilities to develop and grow as we start on that journey.
Birdworld is owned by Haskins Group Limited, who acquired it at the start of 2020 along with Forest Lodge Garden Centre which is on the same site. Haskins Group Limited own 5 garden centres in total across the South of England.
This role will be based at the Haskins Group office in Ferndown, Dorset and sit alongside the garden centre marketing team. Regular travel to Farnham will be necessary.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Counselling and Advice Helpline
- Product discounts, and discount at the garden centre
- Free entry to Birdworld
When will I find out if my application has been successful?
We will contact you within 2 weeks of your application to arrange an interview. If you have not heard from us within this period then unfortunately your application has, on this occasion, not been successful.
Full Time. Negotiable salary dependent on experience.
Based in our Head Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing designated product ranges, ensuring product assortment meets
customer demand, whilst achieving agreed gross margins.
This role will involve trips to trade shows both in the U.K and abroad and negotiating with suppliers.
Roles available Garden Goods / Plant Buyer and Furniture / Outdoor Living Buyer
Must have experience in buying.